IT Support Technician
Edinburgh £21,000 – £24,000
SortmyPC specialise in providing Managed ICT Services and support to SME’s. We combine the friendliness & flexibility of a local IT Support company with the skills and professionalism of the larger corporate IT operations.
We strive for high levels of technical excellence and customer care. We expect candidates to demonstrate strong customer service, ability to keep customers informed and to develop a personal service whilst maintaining high technical standards.
We currently have a vacancy for a technician with a min of 2 years experience in 2nd or 3rd line IT support to join our team. We are looking for someone who is willing to invest time and energy into making the role their own and becoming an important part of a growing business.
What would I be doing?
• Provide remote and telephone support for client networks and applications.
• Provide on-site support for client networks and applications.
• Mainly covering central Scotland from office based in Edinburgh.
• An element of out of hours work will be required with options for overtime work on specific projects to be completed out of hours.
• 2nd and 3rd line support for SortmyPC customers.
• Work on improving internal technical processes and internal systems.
• Work on client projects.
• Working as part of a close knit team and the ability to work alone as required
What technical skills do I need?
• Minimum of 2 years experience in 2nd or 3rd line IT support role
• Experience of PC and server hardware troubleshooting and problem-solving.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of virtualisation technologies – VMware/Hyper-V.
• Microsoft Windows Server technologies and Active Directory. Group policy and PowerShell.
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365 experience – ability to complete a basic Office 365 migration from start to finish is essential.
• Experience with Exchange Server and mobile email technologies.
• Experience of cloud services. Knowledge of MS Azure an advantage.
• Experience with VoIP and telephony an advantage.
• Experience of RMM technologies a requirement.
• Experience of complex networks an advantage and good basic understanding of networks (VPN, TCP/IP, VLANs) is essential
What does it take to get the role?
• Full UK driving license
• Must be willing to invest into growing their role and the company itself.
• Ability to multitask, manage own workload and react quickly to urgent issues.
• Experience in identifying and improving gaps in procedures.
• Experience in project planning
• Experience with helpdesk ticketing and some form of RMM (SolarWinds, Labtech) essential.
• Strong organisational, communication and customer service skills.
• Strong attention to details and a willingness to own a problem.
• Relevant IT qualifications. MCSA certification is a strong advantage.
• Ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies. A genuine interest in emerging technologies is required.
What’s in it for me?
• Starting salary dependent on experience and qualifications, with a review after 6 months and annually thereafter.
• Excellent opportunities for growth – both in technical or commercial areas over the longer term.
• Options for paid overtime – our normal working hours are Monday to Friday
• A development budget to make sure you keep up with training and certifications.
Salary will be dependent on experience
Holidays will be 28 days pa including bank holidays.
SortmyPC offer Managed ICT services to SME’s of up to 100 users. We are a Microsoft Small & Midmarket Cloud Solutions provider and have extensive experience in all Microsoft Office 365 solutions. We are an Egnyte Partner and a member of the Dropbox Partner Network. We are also an SolarWinds MSP Partner, managing several hundred clients through their portal. Our team of Microsoft Certified engineers will work with you on these and any other cloud solutions you may require.
Details: Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm. Flexibility required.
How to Apply
Please send an up to date CV to Gordon Sayers, Managing Director by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Fri 1st December 2017