Would your business benefit from an IT audit? Do you need an IT expert to take a closer look at the technology running your business? Perhaps you are looking to outsource your IT support or it’s in need of an overhaul. If you are thinking about working with an IT consultant, here’s our advice on what you should expect:
- Understand – A good IT consultant will take time to really understand your business and the role of IT within your organisation.
- Investigate – An investigation of your existing IT should be carried out, this would include looking at your hardware and software and advising on any changes or upgrades that could be made.
- Explore – An IT audit will also explore the current systems you have in place to manage your email, store & back up your data and ensure your business is safe from a virus or malware attack.
- Future Proof – Perhaps your business is growing, or you need to future proof your organisation. Your IT consultant should advise on how to ensure that any investment in IT will support your business moving forward.
- Be specific – You will have specific aspects you’d like to address – maybe you’d like to move to cloud solutions or need remote access for your staff. A good IT audit will explore these with you and provide you with the best fit solutions for your business.
- Results – Your audit should result in a clear way forward being presented. If you wish to take the advice on board and move forward with any new technologies suggested, ensure you are provided with a detailed breakdown of what is included and at what price. Don’t be afraid to go back to your IT consultant if you are unsure why they have suggested a particular solution or piece of hardware or software.
- Deliver – Once the audit is complete and a way forward has been agreed, your consultant will carry out the agreed plan. You’ll be free to concentrate on running your business, safe in the knowledge you have the IT in place to support your organisation.
If you feel that your business would benefit from an IT audit feel free to get in touch with us. SortmyPC, one of Edinburgh’s leading IT consultants, offer a free no obligation IT audit. We offer honest, straight forward advice which will help drive your business forward.